How to point your domain name to your site
Training Tilt allows you to point a custom domain to your Training Tilt site if you already have a domain or a thinking about buying one like http://yourbusiness.com or a subdomain like http://club.yourdomain.com.
The steps in this article will be slightly different depending on who you have your domain name hosted with. If you need any help with this the first point of call should be your domain name provider.
Instructions for a sub-domain
For a sub domain of your main domain e.g https://training.yourdomain.com or https://club.yourdomain.com you just need to create one CNAME record. Because it's a sub domain you can choose anything you want for the first part of the domain depending on what suits your business best. e.g training, club, members etc.
training.yourdomain.com that points to trainingtiltapp.azurewebsites.net
members.yourdomain.com that points to trainingtiltapp.azurewebsites.net
Just remember to replace the yourdomain.com bit to be your actual domain.
Instructions for a full domain
If you want to point your top level full domain to your Training Tilt site then you need to
Create/Modify two A records for your domain
This is not the preferred option but may be the only option your domain name provider allows. Check with them first as they may be able to complete option one for you even if they don't allow it through their administrative portal. In the instructions below ensure you swap out any reference to yourdomain.com to your actual domain.
- Get yourself a domain. There are many many providers out there.
- Once you've chosen and purchased your domain, login to their administrative portal and navigate to the section where you can change your DNS Zone records.
- Create or change the A record for you domain yourbusiness.com to point to the IP address 184.108.40.206. You need to ensure that there is only one record regardless of type (CNAME or A) from yourdomain.com to avoid any conflicts.
- Create a new TXT record for your domain that points to trainingtiltapp.azurewebsites.net
- Create or change the existing CNAME record but this time from www.yourbusiness.com that points to trainingtiltapp.azurewebsites.net. This is to make sure the www version and the non-www version both work..
- Now just send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of the rest. Ensure you include the new domain name and the your existing training tilt sub-domain in the email.
Some providers require you to enter your full domain or sub-domain when creating the records
Others only require you to add the bit at the front and they will add the rest for you. In the example below @ represents your main domain yourdomain.com